Monday 11 June 2012

Blaaaaah!

What a week! First week back at Uni. 5 subjects. Mini convention. Work. And SO much more! Life can get so hectic sometimes with all the commitments and things in our lives. Surely there are easier ways of doing things? You might ask. WELL there definitely are easier ways of doing things! My mum has always told me that 'You have a unique way of thinking. You think outside the box' Most of the time she is just making fun of me, and i'm sure that my way of thinking makes her laugh and wonder what goes on inside my small brain, but to me I think i'm pretty smart! I was thinking on the train this week of all the things I do (but might not notice) to make life that little bit easier... So I wrote them down! Some of you might relate, some of you might also be wondering whats going on inside my brain, some of you might think i'm a genius! (but I doubt it haha) and some of you even came up with the idea yourself and I stole it. Here they are: (Please note, my ideas are not limited to these ones written.)


  • Make your own personal calender labeling ONLY your assignments and their due dates. This way you can get a better idea of when they are due and how long you have to go. (Make sure you use the good old technique of crossing off the days that have come and gone!)
  • When sitting watching a movie on a cold winters night (which we all do), stick the electric heater in front of you and put the blanked over both you and the heater. INSTANT WARMTH!! (Thanks Kyron) (Warning! Don't do this with a gas or fan heater)
  • Empty all your loose change out of your wallet and into a jar at the end of every week (or everyday if your that rich) and you might be surprised how much you save.
  • ALWAYS! and I mean always shop on a full stomach! Also helps you save..
  • Tense your abs when accelerating, breaking and turning corners in the car. Works wonders for your abs, and stops you from falling on people on a sharp corner!
  • Purposely leave the house late when walking to the bus stop (or any place with a deadline) so you are forced to run so you don't miss the bus. Great if you never have motivation to run...
  • Avoid looking at mirrors even when you know they are there, so you don't feel tempted to waste make up and put more on (what I can't see doesn't bother me).
  • When sitting down, tuck tummy fat in to your jeans and undies so you feel skinnier.
  • Do push ups against the wall while in the shower. Don't have to worry about sweating! (Thanks Ash)
  • If you feel like chocolate, BUY IT! And EAT IT! It will make you more happy.
  • Hop on the train at the spot that will drop you off right outside the exit of your destination station. No wasting time running to the exit!
  • This one, I totally didn't realise until this week. Hang your bag on the hooks on the back of a public toilet while using it. We all know how annoying it is to have to put it on the dirty ground.
  • Watch the series 'Miranda', because lets be honest, its the funniest series ever! (Cheers Mum)
  • After sitting in church (or any long meeting for that matter) think about how everyone's bottoms are bright red from sitting down too long...just for laughs! (Thanks Ash haha)
  • And last, but not least, listen to Christmas songs in winter because it makes it feel like a real American Christmas! Life is always happy at Christmas time!
I hope you like these ideas. They are all very random. But very useful. I use them all. Especially the chocolate one...

Okay so maybe some (most) of those ideas have nothing to do with making life easier... But they certainly make life HAPPIER!








5 comments:

  1. You are actually captain random!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jordan, my stomach hurts from laughing so much. This is so you, and I love it. Please don't change, you are one in a million...love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! I'm going to be totally imagining everyone's butts being bright red now ;D We miss you Jordan!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so SO funny Jordan!!! I particularly liked (and *cough* related to) #8! haha! love you lots and miss you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete